Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Failed to connect to SLXServer. Check if server is running and is compatible with the current provider version

Hi ,

I am getting the error "Database login failed: Failed to connect to SLXServer. Check if server is running and is compatible with the current provider version". Suddenly after several days of proper login .  Hence i am not able to login in to any of the applications (Administrator, SLX Client,, Architect...)

I am not getting what went wrong .

I have recreated the database connections in the connection manager successfully and when i try to access those connections strangely i am not able to see my current machine name(infact SLX server name) in the select or enter the saleslogix server drop down in the connection tab of data link properties.

I am facing this issue in my development machine and it is very important that i should get this resolved.

I would you like to request all, specially sage team to help me to sort out this issue

Thanks ,

Jack

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Failed to connect to SLXServer. Check if server is running and is compatible with the current provider version

I request any one from sage please kindly help me in this issue. Its very urgent.Thanks
Gold Super Contributor

Re: Failed to connect to SLXServer. Check if server is running and is compatible with the current provider version

As long as you have a maint/support contract Just give tech support a call.. they will help you out.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Bronze Super Contributor

Hi

I have got solution for this problem. The reason why i am getting this error is my machine password got changed because i have changed my Sharepoint password(as Sharepoint aunthecation works with windows password aunthecation). So, after doing this i am getting the "failed to connect...." error. I have changed the password of SLX services and also the Application pool settings to update with new password. After changing passwords for SLX services, Application Pool settings slx started working normally.

Thanks and Regards,

Jack