Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Example of "uncustomizable" business rules

The TicketActivity CompleteTicketActivity Business Rule is a prime example of how the product sometimes locks us into difficult customization options.  This business rule makes calls to private members on the TicketActivity entity that in my opinion should have been added as TicketActivity business rules.  This would enable us to disable them or append our custom code using the rule's pre, post, and/or flush events.  The three offending private members are: CompleteTicketActivityCalcs, UpdateContractRemaining, and AddHistoryRecord.

Instead of simply disabling CompleteTicketActivityCalcs I am forced to replace the entire CompleteTicketActivity Business Rule.  This is not an upgrade friendly approach.   

Maybe I am missing an upgrade friendly solution?  Maybe Sage needs to rethink the implementation of some of its Entity Business Rules?

Timmus Agersea
Black Moth CRM
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Re: Example of "uncustomizable" business rules

The whole idea of "protecting" the OOTB business rules by not providing us w/the original source code is a big negative. I felt this way from day 0 w/the 7.2.0 alpha/beta/gold and still do. There's no real legitimate defense in continuing to have it continue this way. All it does it force us to do a "kludge" process by reverse engineering the dll.

This is no different than the issue w/locked down OOTB Tables that we struggled over for years w/our "kludge" process of unlocking them, adding fields, and then locking them up again.

It's time to have all the source code to all the (OOB) business rules just be a normal part of the product delivery. Let us substitute our "custom versions" for the OOTB and just have the system warn us when there are replacements in HF's/SP's, etc.

This will save everyone a ton of wasted time and expense ($$$$$$$).

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted

Thanks for the feedback Tim,
I've entered this issue as a defect to refactor the Ticket Rules. You are exactly right this should be as simple as turning off the rule

John Perona

Director, Infor CRM Development

Infor CRM

Infor CRM

Highlighted

Thanks for the feedback Tim,
I've entered this issue as a defect to refactor the Ticket Rules. You are exactly right this should be as simple as turning off the rule

John Perona

Director, Infor CRM Development

Infor CRM

Infor CRM