Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Errors using Web client with older database

We've been using the SalesLogix LAN client for about 9 years now and have upgraded through the various versions from 6.1 through 7.5.4, but we've never used the Web client. We are now planning on deploying the Web client, and I've successfully got it up and running against the SLX_EVAL database (v7.5.4). I exported the VFS workspace from the EVAL database and imported it into our test environment, but when I try to login to App.Architect I get the following error message: An application exception has occurred. Core Service Sage.SalesLogix.SystemOptionsService, Sage.SalesLogix.System, is not available and is required to run this application.

AA continues loading and brings everything up after that error though, and I am able to view the Project Explorer, Deployment Explorer, etc. and can deploy the Core Portals. When I access the URL, I get the login page, but then get the following: We're sorry, your request could not be completed. Service Sage.Platform.SData.IAppIdMappingService is not available in the current context. Then some Actions links are listed - 'Show Details' action shows the stack trace below.

Being new to the SLX web world (been customizing our LAN client for many years now) I'm unsure about what's going on or how to troubleshoot further. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Drew

Service Sage.Platform.SData.IAppIdMappingService is not available in the current context. at Sage.Platform.Application.ServiceCollection.Get(Type serviceType, Boolean ensureExists) at Sage.Platform.Application.ServiceCollection.Get[TService](Boolean ensureExists) at Sage.Platform.WebPortal.Services.IntegrationContractInfo..ctor() at Sage.Platform.WebPortal.Services.ClientAppIdMappingService.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) at ASP.masters_base_master.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Gold Super Contributor

Re: Errors using Web client with older database

You need to do an AA Project Backup/restore.... Then a full ctrl/build operation, etc. 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html

Thanks for the reply RJ!  OK - I did a full Project Backup from AA (logged into the EVAL DB), then logged out of AA and back into it against my TestDB, and did the Project Restore (into the VFS on the TestDB). Then when I do a full rebuild on the project I get the following error & stack trace (from Build Output window):

Build failed. (Sage.Platform.AdminModule) -> Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (Sage.Platform.Quickforms.WebFormGen)

INFO  - Building QuickForms for Web Platform.

ERROR -

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Sage.Platform.QuickForms.WebFormGen.WebUserControlGenerator.Initialize()

at Sage.Platform.QuickForms.WebFormGen.WebUserControlGenerator..ctor()

at Sage.Platform.QuickForms.WebFormGen.WebQuickFormDeploymentPackage.GenerateInternal(OperationStatus op, BuildType buildType)

at Sage.Platform.Extensibility.DeploymentPackageBase.Generate(OperationStatus op, BuildType buildType)

at Sage.Platform.Extensibility.Services.RegisteredPlatform.Generate(IProject project, OperationStatus op, BuildType buildType)

at Sage.Platform.AdminModule.AdminModuleInit.Deploy(RegisteredPlatform platform, OperationStatus op, BuildType buildType)

at Sage.Platform.AdminModule.AdminModuleInit.BuildWebObjectsImpl(OperationStatus op)

The build successfully completes Sage.Entity.Interfaces, Sage.Form.Interfaces, Sage.Integration.Entity.Feeds, Sage.ProcessOrchestration, Sage.SalesLogix.Activity.Entities, Sage.SalesLogix.Entities, Sage.SalesLogix.ContractSync.Entities, Sage.SalesLogix.Security.Entities, and Sage.SalesLogix.SpeedSearch. Then it tries to build the QuickForms and it fails.

Again - I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this to identify the root cause of the issue -- something inside the database I'm sure, I just don't know what.

-- Drew

Silver Contributor

You've lost me on this......

I'll assume this is now a 7.5.4 database with the upgrades bundles applied through the SLX Administrator.....hot fixes 1-8 on the LAN. (including bundles from HF 2, HF 5).

Restore the 7.5.4 VFS Backup from the Installs\Upgrades folder from the SalesLogix 7.5.4 iso files.

Rebuild interfaces\platform.

Deploy the website.

Let me know if you get any errors.....this has NOTHING to do with the VFS from the Eval Database.

RJ Samp

Well - actually, the DBVERSION field from the SYSTEMINFO table shows 7.52, so there may have been some bundles missed in the upgrade to 7.5.4. I'll check into that and hope that fixes the problem...I'll post back here either way once I work through it. Thanks for the advice RJ!

-- Drew

Well - that was it! I installed the Service Pack 4 bundle, and then was able to successfully build and deploy the core portals! I must've built up my test environment with an older database backup - from before the bundle was installed... Thanks for kicking loose the cobwebs RJ! There's a reason you're known as one of the premier SLX gurus!

-- Drew