Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Contributor

Entity Linking issue on group

I've created a group via the web client (SLX 7.5.4) for Account listing the contacts that belong to the Account.  Its linking Account automatically, but I'm trying to get the Contacts to link as well, I've checked the box for Entity Linked, and I've added ContactID to the group, but its not displaying as a link?

On Contacts I have both Account and Contact linking just fine back to their respective entities.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Entity Linking issue on group

Works for me... I created a new group under Account, deleted all columns but Account, added a column for Contact > Namelf (calculated field of lastname, firstname). Contact is an inner join to Account on Accountid. The link is Account.Contact.Namelf. Checked "entity linked" and clicked OK... link is working.

GroupBuilder can act up if the XML Schema is out of sync. Here's a link about refreshing it.

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC
Bronze Contributor

This is my worry as it is a heavily customized LAN application (and database) on Oracle that we're busy converting to Web.   I've tried deleting the XMLSCHMEMA plugin, and it seems to be rebuilt when viewing the webclient group builder?   I know another suggestion on the forums I had seen was to launch the mail merge, but there is no Office installed on the server, so I have no easy way of doing that.

Bronze Super Contributor

You can rebuild the schema from the web... I made a blog post about it. For heavily customized installs though, this may not be the way to go. Since you're already using the LAN client it might be easier to run the mail merge from a client machine where Office is installed.

You should also ensure that your link is bound to a sub field of Contact.

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC