Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Elite Contributor

Dynamic Parameters for Crystal Reports are still not perfect after Web Core update 03

Hi Everyone,

We are in process of migrating from SLX 7.1 to 8.1.

But there are a sufficient number of reports in our system that uses Dynamic Parameters. But, till web core update 03 for SLX 8.1 it was a known defect which is actually taken care of in this release.

I just managed to apply Web Core Update 03 yesterday. But, unfortunately though its not giving any error / information specifing Dynamic Parameters are not supported(Capture 1.png), its not populating the parameter list as well.

For simplicity, I just added one report having Account.Industry used as dynamic parameter(Capture2.png). This is working fine in LAN client(Capture3.png), as earlier, but in Web still no luck(Capture 4.png).

Can anyone help on this or does anyone has came across such situation, this actually holding us from planning for Go-Live.

Note: I have not applied SNC update 03.

Thanks

Malay 

Gold Super Contributor

Re: Dynamic Parameters for Crystal Reports are still not perfect after Web Core update 03

Per Web Core Update 03 document:

The following Saleslogix software must be installed before installing this update:
  Saleslogix version 8.1
  Saleslogix 8.1 SNC Update 03

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Employee

Re: Dynamic Parameters for Crystal Reports are still not perfect after Web Core update 03

Hi Malay,

Reports with dynamic parameters must have those dynamic parameters mapped to the table and field they point to. The Saleslogix Reporting Assistant is a utility designed to map these dynamic parameters; the utility can be found in the Saleslogix folder and is named SLXReportingAssistant.exe. See also ReportingAssistant.chm in the Saleslogix folder; this Help file describes the process of mapping dynamic parameters. Note: "Cacading" dynamic parameters are not supported yet.

Thanks

Mike

Nickel Elite Contributor

Hello Mike & RJ,

Thanks for the assistance. I managed to use dynamic parameters in the reports. But, I still do have a concern, though the dynamic parameters are working fine with the newly created reports, existing reports are still giving problems(I did mapped the dynamic parameter through ReportManamerAssistance) with dynamic parameter.

I am sending one error screenshot as attachment, please let me know if you need any further clarifications.

Thanks

Malay 

Employee

[ Edited ]

The only things I can think of are:

1. You re-released or modified the report plugin in Architect.exe but did not have the build of Architect.exe from SNC 03 (required). If this is the case then you will need to remap.

2. The database used in the Reporting Assistant could be different than the one you're testing.

3. A cached version of the plugin is being returned. Try an IISReset.

Thanks

Mike

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Hi Mike,

I went through all the suggested areas, but no luck as yet.

After a bit investigation, I just found the exact scenario when Crystal is giving the error. 

Let me try to describe the scenario,

Main Report- Report A, Does have a dynamic parameter in it ---> workrs perfectly fine.

Sub Report- Report A1, Does Save a dynamic parameter in it--> Gives the error already attached in the sceenshot in my earliar post.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Malay

Employee

Is it possible it is an on demand subreport? If so, try making it a normal subreport. If not, can you create a simple report that exhibits this issue and send it to me?

Thanks

Mike

Employee

Hi Malay,

The following defect has been confirmed and created:

14096874: If a dynamic parameter is used in a sub-report you will get an error when trying to run the report

This applies to the web only.

Thanks

Mike