Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Differences between uploading Attachment Web Client / SData Client

If I upload an Attachment in the web client with attachment.UpdateFileAttachment(filepath) it seems to me that leading slx-Id - for example accountId is cutted of while uploading.

Means: Filename in the directory is A6UJ9A0000BIFILENAME.pdf and after uploading it's !attachidFILENAME.pdf

If've written a webservice, that has to upload a report.pdf through sdata. The filename is AccountId + Filename.pdf.

After Uploading it gets !attachidA6UJ9A0000BIFilename.pdf

So why is the internal process of the web client cutting of my accountId and why sdata not? How can I get that "web client stuff" in SData?

Gold Super Contributor

Re: Differences between uploading Attachment Web Client / SData Client

IMHO all the attachment/documents no matter how they got there (LAN/WEB/SData/Mobility) should be:

!Attachid.TYPE - where type is pdf, jpg, bmp, msg, etc....

The reason.. simple.. "Windows Path Length" issues - as well as "special character" (and blank/spaces).. - Nice, clean, simple.

There is a well known error/bug related to this and pops it's ugly head on failure in synch.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Copper Contributor

same code, same path

=> no path lenght problem.

only difference is, that the new code is uploading through sdata. so there has to be some replacement. If there is no way to disable that I have to change some code here.

thx

Sebastian_Walter wrote:

If I upload an Attachment in the web client with attachment.UpdateFileAttachment(filepath) it seems to me that leading slx-Id - for example accountId is cutted of while uploading.

Means: Filename in the directory is A6UJ9A0000BIFILENAME.pdf and after uploading it's !attachidFILENAME.pdf

First, thank you post this question. I am new to sdata. I am working on odata. So do  you have any idea the difference between these two?Smiley Embarassed