Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Deployment issue after deleting navigation item

when trying to rebuld the web after deleting a navigation item it is failing with the following error:

INFO  -

ERROR - C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Sage\Platform\Output\implementation\Contact.cs(132,35):An object reference is required for the non-static field, method, or property 'Sage.SalesLogix.Entities.Contact.Account.get'

INFO  - Contact.cs(2935,13): (Location of symbol related to previous error)

ERROR - C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Sage\Platform\Output\implementation\Contact.cs(133,29):An object reference is required for the non-static field, method, or property 'Sage.SalesLogix.Entities.Contact.Account.get'

INFO  - Contact.cs(2935,13): (Location of symbol related to previous error)

INFO  - Done building project "Sage.SalesLogix.Entities.csproj" -- FAILED.

INFO  - Build FAILED.

ERROR - Failed to build Sage.SalesLogix.Entities.dll.

can anyone help?

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Deployment issue after deleting navigation item

Hi,

Not sure if you ever resolved this, but I just had the problem and it was due to having auditing enabled on contact donotsolicit, took this off and all built fine.

So do you or did you have auditiing enabled on any of the contact fields?

Regards

Craig Frayne

Highlighted

Thanks for keeping this thread updated with your resulsts.  I am bringing a 7.5.3 install up to date (well, as far up to date as possible) and this error came up after applying hot fix 4.  Your solution worked.. though I have many resulting questions!

Thanks again,

Ryan

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Ryan,

Your welcome, I too had quite a few resulting questions which I don't recall were answered by support, however this particular one was submitted as a defect (from memory).

Glad it helped.

Regards

Craig

Highlighted

Your memory serves you correctly.  This was defect 1-81493, "Errors building the web platform when auditing is enabled on a Contact property", and was addressed in Web Hot Fix 06 for SLX 7.5.3.