Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Reply
Copper Super Contributor
Posts: 42
Registered: ‎04-23-2009

Dependent Lookups

What was supposed to be simple had become a monkeywrench...

 

We have a 1:N relationship to Opportunities 'OppPartners'

OppPartners holds an account and contact - relationships created 'partner', 'partnercontact'

When adding a partner, we call and edit view.

When an account is selected, we want to limit the contacts available to just those at the account selected

 

The issue is that no matter how we use seedproperty and seedvalue, there seems to be no limiting occurring.  Or maybe too much limiting...  When using the profiler, we find that the clause being added to the query for contacts is 'where 0=1'. 

 

Can anyone suggest some insight to linking these lookups to be dependent?  I have used the wizard with no succes as well.

 

Thank you,

 

Dennis

 

Silver Contributor
Posts: 835
Registered: ‎03-24-2009

Re: Dependent Lookups

This may be worse than you think......if you have more than one Dependent Lookup per Form, SLX ignores all but the LAST Dependent Lookup per Form.....

 

SLX Scottsdale looking into this as we speak......

 

We're on SLX 7.5.3 with HF 1-4, 9 installed.....

 

 

RJ Samp
Silver Contributor
Posts: 835
Registered: ‎03-24-2009

Re: Dependent Lookups

Confirming that there is a bug in the initialization routine for Dependency Lookups.......

RJ Samp
Copper Super Contributor
Posts: 42
Registered: ‎04-23-2009

Re: Dependent Lookups

This issue has been resolved.  The issue came from a misinformed change to the lookup control itself.

 

In any case, 1 set of dependent lookups on the form works correctly:

Setup the first lookup to be based on your account relationship

In dependent lookup, bind the seedvalue to the mainentity.'relationship'.id field

Then, in the dependent lookup make sure the seed property is 'ACCOUNT.ID'

    ******This is the key piece I had been missing.  If you use the wizard, this property will be set to 'relationship.id' but the child entity likely does not have this property, but it will have an account relationship and that is the value you must use

 

 

Hope this saves someone grief in the future.

 

Silver Contributor
Posts: 835
Registered: ‎03-24-2009

Re: Dependent Lookups

The key is to 'late bind' the lookup to the current record/filter values.....here's a link to Mark Dykun's blog where he discovered the issue with the lookup prefilter initialization:

 

http://codesnap.wordpress.com/2011/05/12/saleslogix-web-dependency-lookups/

RJ Samp