06-21-2011 11:02 AM
What was supposed to be simple had become a monkeywrench...
We have a 1:N relationship to Opportunities 'OppPartners'
OppPartners holds an account and contact - relationships created 'partner', 'partnercontact'
When adding a partner, we call and edit view.
When an account is selected, we want to limit the contacts available to just those at the account selected
The issue is that no matter how we use seedproperty and seedvalue, there seems to be no limiting occurring. Or maybe too much limiting... When using the profiler, we find that the clause being added to the query for contacts is 'where 0=1'.
Can anyone suggest some insight to linking these lookups to be dependent? I have used the wizard with no succes as well.
06-23-2011 10:16 AM
This may be worse than you think......if you have more than one Dependent Lookup per Form, SLX ignores all but the LAST Dependent Lookup per Form.....
SLX Scottsdale looking into this as we speak......
We're on SLX 7.5.3 with HF 1-4, 9 installed.....
06-27-2011 12:57 PM
This issue has been resolved. The issue came from a misinformed change to the lookup control itself.
In any case, 1 set of dependent lookups on the form works correctly:
Setup the first lookup to be based on your account relationship
In dependent lookup, bind the seedvalue to the mainentity.'relationship'.id field
Then, in the dependent lookup make sure the seed property is 'ACCOUNT.ID'
******This is the key piece I had been missing. If you use the wizard, this property will be set to 'relationship.id' but the child entity likely does not have this property, but it will have an account relationship and that is the value you must use
Hope this saves someone grief in the future.
06-28-2011 03:59 AM
The key is to 'late bind' the lookup to the current record/filter values.....here's a link to Mark Dykun's blog where he discovered the issue with the lookup prefilter initialization: