08-02-2009 02:19 PM - edited 09-02-2012 05:38 PM
An example of customizing the Web Import Lead to allow custom transformations for fields. Example shows Owner and Account Manager assignment.
Contained in the zip file:
• C# project for Custom Transformation Provider
• Test Import Data CSV file.
• ImportConfigurations.xml (Currently, cannot be bundled in AA, must be modified in the VFS in Configuration/Global) (This configures the import to use the Custom Transformation Provider.)
<TransformationProviderType>Sage.SalesLogix.Services.Import.ImportTransformationProvider, Sage.SalesLogix.Services.Import, Version=22.214.171.1240, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null</TransformationProviderType>
• Modified SmartPart ( StepProcessRequest.ascx.cs)
Commented out one line that forces the Transformation Provider to the default.
• AA Bundle that added the SmartPart and CustomImport.dll to the correct support file locations
After setting this up correctly you then can see the new custom transformation in the Import Wizard UI during the mapping step.
Here we mapped AccountManager to [Set Account Manager Name] and Team to [Set Owner By Name].
John PeronaDirector, Infor CRM Development
08-02-2009 03:05 PM
06-16-2010 06:57 AM
12-29-2010 09:54 AM
we have used this code since 7.5.1 and love it !
now, we are trying to upgrade to 7.5.3 and are getting an error:
it fails on record 1 with the error: Record Number 1: Error in calculated Transformation [Set Account Manager by Name] Source Field [Account Manager]
it appears to me that we need to change the CustomImport.dll in order to get it working in 753.
is it possible to get the source code for the dll so we can continue to use it?