Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Custom Account Extension Table Not Showing In Query Builder

A customer that built their own customizations does not see the extension tables in the Query Builder. We attempted the hack where you change the DataCode in the Plugin table for the XMLSchema record and that did not resolve the issue for their existing tables.

As a test, I restored the out of the box 8.0 Web Project, added a new one-to-one child table off of Account, added the entity in AA, redeployed the site and my table does not show up either.

All of the problem tables show up correctly nested under the Account table in DBManager.

Are we missing a hotfix/service pack that resolves this?

This site has been completed deleted. All temporary ASP.net files have been deleted. The build output folder has been deleted. IIS has been reset. All of these things have been done many times.

Thanks!

Timmus Agersea
Black Moth CRM
Gold Super Contributor

Re: Custom Account Extension Table Not Showing In Query Builder

Tim - (I know you probably checked)

- is there something unusual about the name of the table and/or fields?

- how do things look in RESYNCTABLDEFS and SECTABLEDEFS - ok?

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

Try adding the database table from the DBManager not AA (assuming thats not how you have tried already), I've always had issues with creating tables directly from AA (especially One to One) pre v8, so I assume this could be a similar issue?

Richard Anderson
CRM Consultant
K3 CRM
Bronze Super Contributor

Richard, the tables were all added via DBManager, not AA. Thanks for the suggestion!

Timmus Agersea
Black Moth CRM
Bronze Super Contributor

The test I added was BlackMothTest1 and I did not add any fields, just has the system fields. The tables the customer added do not seeem to have any odd naming.

This is a head scratcher...

Thanks RJL!

Timmus Agersea
Black Moth CRM
Tuned Listener

Any solution on this?  I just loaded 8.1 and have the same issue with all of our custom tables.

Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

We've experienced similar issues on at least 2 customers, both in 8.0 and 8.1. This is a serious problem. We have reported this in the past, here is the KB:

KB Article - 1301288148

Defect: One to One Is Extension table created in the Application Architect does not display in Web query builder
https://crm.saleslogixcloud.com/Partners/KBArticle.aspx?entityid=QCRMAA00RLXW&modeid=Detail

NOTE: We are having this issue with tables created in DB admin. The kb mentions tables created in AA, but in our experience this also happens with tables that were created in DB admin.

I hope Saleslogix can look into this, as it is a huge problem for most customers, that expect to be able to successfully create groups based on custom tables...

Gold Super Contributor

Have you checked the following:

A - is there an underscore in the (failing) tablename?

B - Are all the records that are supposed to be in RESYNCTABLEDEFS and SECTABLEDEFS there?

C - Is there an entry in the KEYFIELD field in RESYNCTABLDEFS that has the correct value?

NOTE for an ACCOUNT extension (1:1)  it has to be ACCOUNTID

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html