Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Create entity with an address

Hello,

I am new in SLX development (I followed the class and begin some basic developements).

I have a problem for creating an entity using the address entity. I just have a Plant entity which has an addressid and a relation with an address.:M, save update . 

What is the best way to have the address created  and saved with my entity ?

I tried to create an empty address entity but for this I need the ID for my entity which is not yet existing beceause not persited...

So can someone can tell me how and where to do this please ?

Thank you very much for helping me !!

Highlighted

Re: Create entity with an address

Up ! 

Can someone explain me how to generate a business rule for saving and entity linked to the Address entity please (and in which event  to handle this ?

My entity looks like : PlantID, PlantName ,...., Plant.Address.ID, Plant.Address.Addresse1 .....

When I save my entity the address fields are not saved  as the addressID is not filled and no address enttiy created.

So how to save them ?

thanks !!

Highlighted

Hi ! I would really really appreciate some advices or link on this topic because I was not able to find any solutions (the same problem yes but not the solution) and I really need to have this working. 

Thanks in advance for any help !!

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

How are you creating these entities? Have you created relationships in App Architect?
Highlighted

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I created using App architect m, relationship is GuardianPlant 1 M Address .

I have already created some other entities with relationnship with no problem but in that case I have to create two new entities (generaly for my other enties I use a lookup so I have no problem becaue the other entity is already existing).

With the address I need to have the entityID of AddresseID field to be able to save my addresse , BUT this ID will be generated only when my entity will be persisted... So I am not able to have it before and  save my address at the same time !

So I probably need to use on after insert method to get back my entityID and be able to save my AddresseID but mya first test was not successful so I wanted to know how the creation of a new addresse ID is working,

thanls again !

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

If I understand you correctly - yes, I think you'll want to try tacking it on via an external assembly onAfterInsert; you should be able to get a reference to the entity after and grab the ID. 

Highlighted

OK thanks I will continue but wanted to be sure I was on the right way.

Thanks !!