Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Country Validation

Dear all

I m new to SalesLogix and really need some help

I need before I save the contact that the Country must be validated this mean that my user most get a notification

telling him that the country most be add before proceding ?

Is there any way to do it ?

Thanks

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Re: Country Validation

[ Edited ]

Hello Narezzi,

There are a few ways to carry this out:-

On the "OnBeforeInsert" rule, adding your validation code checking the country field is correctly inserted, if not, throwing a ValidationException which will return to the user as a popup when they try to save the record. You would need to add this to the "Address" entity and check the related entity (Field: "EntityID") is a contact rather than an account.

The second, would be to add JavaScript/C# to the save button to stop the form from posting back if the country field has not been correctly filled in.

The advantage of the first method would be that the validation would work for the mobile client and any sData applications you have on site. As far as I can remember, both methods are covered by the Sage Web Developer Training Program.

Many thanks,
Richard Anderson

Richard Anderson
CRM Consultant
K3 CRM

Re: Country Validation

Hi Richard Anderson,

First thanks for your reply, I will be doing the trainning just waiting for Sage to release the Dates for that.

Would be hard if you could tell me the steps using the Architect Application I am a developer but need to get my head on this and really this has been left for us here is there any way for this help ?

Thanks