Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Close Tabs into "More Tab"

Hello,

Is there a way to close some tabs (contact tabs) for all users but make them available in the "More Tabs" area, should they need them ?  We don't want to remove the tabs completely, but to reduce clutter.

Thanks

JT

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Close Tabs into "More Tab"

Hey,

Just right click on on tabs and uncheck the ones you don't need on the top, they will go back into "more tabs" from there

Highlighted

Hi,

We need to do it for 200+ users.  I was hopeing there was a way we could do it programatically !! 

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

That I have no clue on.  I don't believe it can be done automatically from what I can see.

I administer for 200+ users and when it comes you UI changes like this, I send out an email tutorial on how the user can make the changes themselves and let them tailor it to their tastes.  I also have a central training repository in the cloud where new users and existing users can look up my articles on all functions of SLX that I have provided information and training in case they need to reference it.

Sorry I couldn't be more help to you.

Highlighted
Employee

The tab information (TabWorkspace) is stored in the sysdba.VirtualFileSystem table. The Contact Detail tab workspace data can be found via this query:

SELECT     VIRTUALFILESYSTEMID, CREATEUSER, CREATEDATE, MODIFYUSER, MODIFYDATE, PARENTITEMID, ITEMNAME, ITEMPATH, ITEMEXTENSION, ISDIRECTORY,
                      ISREADONLY, ISSYSTEM, ISHIDDEN, ITEMDATA, ITEMATTRIBUTES, ISCOMPRESSED
FROM         sysdba.VIRTUALFILESYSTEM
WHERE     (ITEMPATH LIKE '\Configuration\Application_User\SlxClient\%\ASP.contact_aspxDetail\TabWorkspace-E53DA2EE-942A-4b9d-8885-55C2EF1A4E4A.xml')

Assuming the portal name is SlxClient. I'm not aware of an API we expose to update this info, other than our own stuff that writes and updates the XML in response to user interaction (Sage.Platform.WebPortal.Workspaces.Tab).

Thanks

Mike