Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Elite Contributor

Cannot get sData working on Workgroup Server

We've gone through all the posts and have followed all the settings.  The only step we were not able to do is use the setspn commands.  We're installing a dev environment on a Workgroup server image and we get the following errors when we try even just to list the entries for our webdll user.  We've tried using the machine name in place of the domain name.

FindDomainForAccount: DsGetDcNameWithAccountW failed!
Could not find account SLXDEV

sData is challenging us with a user login and password but it just never allows us to access and I keep thinking that this missing step of the setspn commands is what's causing us an issue.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Regards,

James Sutton

James Sutton
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Cannot get sData working on Workgroup Server

Hi James,

i had the same Problem on a workgroup Server. But sData worked without finishing this step.

When you have to enter Username and Password, these is a SLX-User with his password.

This should work.

Regards
Rainer Raebiger
Bronze Super Contributor

- Auth challenge is for SLX user/pass
- Wildcard ISAPI request handler in IIS config (see implementation guide)
Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC
Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions.  I ended up finding the solution.  The virtual directory was setup for script access only and not script and executables.  It's strange because I think this vdir was created by the SalesLogix installation.  Regardless made this change restarted IIS and all started working.

Regards,

James Sutton

James Sutton