Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Can't Build VFS

It looks like I'm getting this error with just about every entity when attempting to do a full build:

ERROR - C:\JRoper\Build\templates\Default-Interface-SalesLogix.tt(0,0) : error : Error running transform: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextTemplating.GeneratedTextTransformation5dee989d.IsEntityIncluded(OrmEntity entity) 
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextTemplating.GeneratedTextTransformation5dee989d.<TransformText>b__1(OrmRelationship relation)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext() 
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) 
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source) 
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextTemplating.GeneratedTextTransformation5dee989d.TransformText() 
at Mono.TextTemplating.TemplatingEngine.Run(Assembly assem, String type, ITextTemplatingEngineHost host, CultureInfo culture)

at Mono.TextTemplating.CompiledTemplate.Process()

I have cleared out my build directory and deleted the VFS and re-retrieved it from our repository.

I also get the following error when I double-click the Account entity and try to load it:

One or more exceptions occurred while firing the topic 'evt://SelectItem' (Sage.Platform.Application)

Any suggestions?

Employee

Re: Can't Build VFS

Suggest testing on a different machine with the same WebProject and database to determine if this is a machine specific environmental issue.

Todd Hardin
SalesLogix Professional Services Group