Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Assigning Navigation Group Visibility

v8 Web. I want' to restrict the visibility of various Navigation Groups to user. Some would see Sales, others would see Support, and the rest would see both. How do I do this?

Jerry Norman
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Assigning Navigation Group Visibility

You normally do this with secured actiosn and add or remove them to or from specific roles.

If you want to "hide" the lead navigation, just create a new role named "lead management" and remove all lead actions from the standard user role.

Then all users, who are only a member of this role will no longer see it.

If you add all secured actions connected to leads to your new lead role and then add users, the users will see this navigation again.

Thanks! Alexander

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Alexander, thanks.  But I'm trying to control the nav bar grouping: "Sales", "Marketing", "Service","Support".  Even a user with no role assigned sees all 4 groupings.  Yes, the Accounts, Contacts, Leads, etc sections within the grouping do not appear -- but I want the grouping change, without just deleting them from Portal Manager. 

Any other suggestions?

Jerry Norman
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Add an applied security to the Navigation Group.

For example, Administration has Administration/View and without Administration/View in the role it is hidden.

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Thanks Collin! That works great!

Jerry Norman