Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener

Account Group Loading Error

I've made a query style group through through the web (also created w/ lan w/ same result) and the accounts do not show up.

When I look at the request with Firebug I see the error:

[
  {
    "severity": "Error",
    "sdataCode": "ApplicationDiagnosis",
    "message": "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.",
    "stackTrace": "System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.\r\n   at Sage.SalesLogix.Client.GroupBuilder.GroupsRequest.GetGroup(IRequest request)\r\n   at Invoke6581e2876a8e4dd4a01dd2f0213e9929.Invoke(Object , IRequest )\r\n   at Sage.Integration.Messaging.RequestTargetRegistration.RequestTargetInvoker.Invoke(IRequest request)\r\n   at Sage.Integration.Messaging.Request.Process(RequestTargetInvoker invoker)\r\n   at Sage.Integration.Adapter.AdapterController.RealAdapterController.Process(IRequest request)\r\n   at Sage.Integration.Adapter.AdapterController.RealAdapterController.ProcessWorker(IProtocolRequest protocolRequest)\r\n   at Sage.Integration.Adapter.AdapterController.Process(IProtocolRequest request)\r\n   at Sage.Integration.Messaging.MessagingService.Process(IProtocolRequest protocolRequest)",
    "payloadPath": ""
  }
]

The group works when I view it from the LAN client. The sql that is generated is fine and returns exactly what I want.

Any thoughts why the web would not be able to bring back this group?

I'm using SalesLogix 7.5.4.

Thanks,

Matt

Employee

Re: Account Group Loading Error

When you refer to a query style group, are you referring to using raw SQL within an IN clause or something else? Are you seeing the same result in the Web when you create the group from either the Web or LAN?

Thanks

Mike

Tuned Listener

I'm calling query group a group built with the "Query Builder" in Web, not an AdHoc group.

The SQL is:

SELECT A1.ACCOUNTID, A1.ACCOUNT, A2.CITY A2_CITY, A2.STATE A2_STATE, A1.MAINPHONE, A1.TYPE, A1.SUBTYPE, A1.STATUS, A1.ACCOUNTMANAGERID, A1.SECCODEID, A1.ACCOUNT_UC FROM ACCOUNT A1 INNER JOIN ADDRESS A2 ON (A1.ADDRESSID=A2.ADDRESSID) WHERE (A1.ACCOUNTMANAGERID LIKE  'U6UJ9A00000V%') AND (A1.LASTHISTORYDATE>='20130101' AND A1.LASTHISTORYDATE<'20130201') ORDER BY A1.ACCOUNT_UC ASC

I am able to see this group in the LAN client perfectly fine, just not the Web

Employee

I could not reproduce an error in 7.5.4 Gold (Web) using the same conditions; the group loads fine. Does the group name use any special characters?

Thanks

Mike

Tuned Listener

The name does not have any speacial characters in it.

I'm thinking I will redeploy and clear the cache tonight and see if it is a caching issue with the web.

I have been able to do other groups fine, but once I use the LastActivityDate it seems to not like it....but I don't have any proof of this.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

I am taking a shot at this one, but it could have something to do with the way the Web client handles NULL values versus how the LAN client handles them.  If you look in the LastActivityDate field in SQL, do you have NULL values in the database?  We have been fighting this on all our customers that have moved to the Web client, not necessarily this field, but in general.

Jim

Jim Pemberton
Vice President of Engineering
Simplesoft Solutions, Inc
Award Winning Infor CRM Business Partner
Tuned Listener

Just checked on that and I don't. I also added the condition where LASTHISTORYDATE IS NOT NULL just to make sure and came up with the same result.