Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

AA Install Bundle Error 7.5.x

In the past I've whined about the inability of the AA to install a bundle with fields\tables\properties in the bundle.....just had the error again, the following may shed light on the bug:

1. Craete a Create Table bundle on the LAN side in Architect. Bring into SLX Admin bundle install. If a duplicate TABLE is found for a Create Table, SLX doesn't add the table, it does add the individual fields for the duplicate table per the create field rules.

2. Craete a Create Field bundle on the LAN side in Architect. Bring into SLX Admin bundle install. If a duplicate fields found for a Create Fieldd SLX doesn't add the field. It does alter the field if necessary to a different database field type\length....and updates the Display Name.

With me so far?

APPLICATION ARCHITECT

1.  Craete a Create Field AA Action Schema bundle on the WEB  side in Application Architect. Bring into SLX AA bundle install. If a duplicate field is found for a Create Fieldd SLX doesn't add the field. It does add an XML property for the new field, and does warn you about the duplicate field and ask if you want to sopt importing the entire 2,500 changes bundle for the one duplicate action.

I think that's the bug right there. On the LAN side, no XML property is created when creating a Field. On the WEB side, an XML property is created, and it MAY be a duplicate....or more.

2. Continuing on with the install, if you have a Property item for the field (so you can correctly spell the entity property name, relationships, and the diTable + splay name so your forms and scripts will run.....then this is ANOTHER entry for the Property.. SlesLogix is very week on using the Database Field Name as THE definition of a Property. IF something is called ABC for field Account.One and I send in a field ABCD for the filed Account.One then there should NEVER be a duplicate property for the same field......and we should have some way to REMOVE a property by RMB on the property and hit remove.

I think SLX needs to NOT create a property when you bring in a field, just like on the LAN. The Property should come in on the Entity Side, not the Schema side.

Anyway, SLX Web Deployments can be hosed severely bringing in Fields as a Schema Action when the field and\or proerpty already exists in the web files.

RJ Samp