Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Silver Contributor

AA Blowup.....

A new one for me......

TITLE:
------------------------------

An application exception has occurred.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Build failed. (Sage.Platform.AdminModule)

Invocation of method 'getControlServerCode' in  Sage.Platform.QuickForms.WebFormGen.WebUserControlGenerator threw exception System.NullReferenceException : Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (NVelocity)

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (NVelocity)

Everything was running smoothly.....

RJ Samp
Silver Contributor

Re: AA Blowup.....

I copied the files from the deployed websites BIN folder to the development FileSystem BIN folder....CTRL-rebuilt interfaces, CTRL-rebuilt platform.....came right up.

RJ Samp
Silver Contributor

Spoke too soon.....will have to go back to a backup and try again.....

RJ Samp
Copper Contributor

Hi,

I had already met this issue when I had modify a vm template file and make some mistakes in the code like an EndIf
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

In this case, the LAN Table and Field bundle was moving in a different direction than the WEB Schema (the XML for the Entities) and WEB form bundles..... so total bonk.....

I went back to a 3 day prior backup and then redid the 3 days of work in 5 hours (amazing how much faster it is to redo something).....I did rescue a lot of the code from various file systems and the deployment....

Bottom line here: don't name Table names with an S on the end....don't have a LAN Table display name with spaces in it.....

and don't rename Tables prior to rebuilding the interfaces (and don't try to rename fields after code and forms have deployed.

Same goes for Relationships.....

That and once or twice a day AA simply has a memory corrupted death.....so log out of it every once in awhile.

RJ Samp