Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

"Name redefined at line 0, char 1" when using Split View on Windows 7 machine (7.5.3)

I have an odd error that's only occurring on a Windows 7 Lan machine in conjunction with the Split View

The error is:

Name redefined at line 0, char 1

I am not reusing any variables and all my includes are the ones set up by default

This only happens on windows 7 machines and only when you use the split view

Has anyone come a crossed this?

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Re: "Name redefined at line 0, char 1" when using Split View on Windows 7 machine (7.5.3)

Is this a custom MainView, or one of the out-of-box MainViews, and if it's out-of-box, has it been altered in some way? And if it's a custom MainView, did you create it by copying one of the out-of-box MainViews?

Also, does the error message include a plugin or script name, or is it just "Name redefined at line 0" and nothing else?

I'm thinking the redefined variable/control could be a reference to another MainView entirely, not something within the MainView you're looking at. Either way, though, the error is probably occurring in the MainView plugin itself... but I could always be wrong about that.

John H. Hedges

JH3 Software LLC

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: "Name redefined at line 0, char 1" when using Split View on Windows 7 machine (7.5.3)

I am also getting this error.

It is a custom form in a tab on the opportunity screen. The error occurs when the tab is selected. If I OK the error, I will get another error when O mouse over the data grid on that form. The data grid is the only control on the form.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I got it fixed, but I don't know why.

I found that only some users had the problem. After some research I determined it was not the user, but the PC. I reinstalled SalesLogix on a couple of machines and that did not fix the error.

I tried to enable debugging on a user so I could track down the error, but I got an error that there was no debugger installed. I installed the MS debugger. Then I could not get the error to display on that computer. I tried multiple users with different debug settings (never, always, on error). Still could not get error.

So I tried another computer, same issues, no debugger installed. Once I installed a debugger the error went away.

I found that any of our PCs that had MS office installed after SalesLogix had a no errors. It seemed that SalesLogix would use the Office script debugger. But if Office was installed first then the debugger does not work. 

On all systems that had the error, I installed the MS script debugger from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22185

No more errors. I did not have to change any debugging settings. (Never is our default debug settings for all users) Just installing the debugger styops the error.