Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

"ClassName ... not found" when loading .NET extension

A user at a client's office recently received a new computer. It is Windows 7 64-bit. After loading the SalesLogix LAN client, he is now unable to use one of the .NET extensions I built. The .NET extension is invoked via VBScript from a plugin when the user double-clicks an item in a grid. Instead of executing the .NET extension, the user sees this error:

DEBUG

System.ApplicationException: ClassName

'<fully qualified namespace and class name>' not found.

at Sage.SalesLogix.NetExtensions.RemoteLoader.Create(String

ClassName)

at Sage.SalesLogix.NetExtensions.RemoteLoader.Create(String

ClassName)

at Sage.SalesLogix.NetExtensions.Loader.Create(String PluginTitle,

String ClassName)

After clicking OK on that message, the following message appears:

Script Error

An error occurred executing active form script (Account:Quotes).

Error in include script (ACCOUNT:<plugin

name>): Subscript out of range: '[number: 0]' at line 214, char 5.

It may also be important to note that this user has Architect installed on his machine. It launches fine, but I was not able to get the .NET Extensions screen to launch from it on his machine.

I tried completely removing the release of the extension and re-releasing it to everyone (from the server). That had no effect. I also tried using the batch file on his machine to register the SLX .NET components. Below are the results of the batch file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SalesLogix>C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\
RegAsm.exe Sage.SalesLogix.NetExtensions.Core.dll /codebase
Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Assembly Registration Utility 2.0.50727.5420
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1998-2004.  All rights reserved.

Types registered successfully

C:\Program Files (x86)\SalesLogix>SLXNetExtensionsInstall.exe Sage.SalesLogix.Ne
tExtensions.Core.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\SalesLogix>SLXNetExtensionsInstall.exe Sage.SalesLogix.Ne
tExtensions.Framework.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\SalesLogix>SLXNetExtensionsInstall.exe policy.7.0.Sage.Sa
lesLogix.NetExtensions.Framework.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\SalesLogix>SLXNetExtensionsInstall.exe policy.7.2.Sage.Sa

C:\Program Files (x86)\SalesLogix>SLXNetExtensionsInstall.exe policy.7.5.Sage.Sa

C:\Program Files (x86)\SalesLogix>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

I'm not sure how to continue from here. Does anyone have any ideas?

Jason Miles

jmiles@sgstech.com

Re: "ClassName ... not found" when loading .NET extension

I figured it out. I happened to notice that the SLX client on the offending machine was a couple of versions behind. I updated the client to the correct version, and the .NET extension works properly now.

Jason Miles

jmiles@sgstech.com