Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Super Contributor

interop Dll for external Access to SLX 7.5.2

I have a VB.net app that I had working for SLX 7.5.0

I used a reference to the Interop.salesLogix.dll in my program to access the SalesLogix.Application object.  

Now I am upgrading the program to work with SLX 7.5.2 and I want to be able to do the same thing such as the following code from the original SLX 7.5.0 version: 

================================== 

Dim slx As SalesLogix.SlxApplication 

slx = New SalesLogix.SlxApplication()

slx.BasicFunctions.ShowHistory(SLXHistoryID)

================================== 

etc ...

But when I look through the SLX install directories i do not find that DLL anywhere. Is there something missing here or is there a new way to access the SLX applicaiton object inSLX 7.5.2?

Paul Fisk

Avante Solutions Inc.

Paul Fisk
Employee

Re: interop Dll for external Access to SLX 7.5.2

I'm not sure about a 7.5.2 version, but it wouldn't have been installed with SalesLogix, but rather as part of the migration package (e.g. SLX_v751_Migration_Tool.zip).

Please see the following resources:

http://community.sagesaleslogix.com/t5/The-Sage-SalesLogix-Journal/Cool-stuff-for-you-on-Partner-Sou...

http://github.com/SageSalesLogix/SLXMigration

The following "example" script will rebuild your interops (assuming you have Visual Studio 8 installed):

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin\TlbImp.exe" "C:\WINDOWS\system32\olepro32.dll"            /out:Interop.StdType.dll
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin\TlbImp.exe" "C:\Program Files\SalesLogix\stdvcl40.dll"    /out:Interop.StdVCL.dll
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin\TlbImp.exe" "C:\Program Files\SalesLogix\SLXOptions.dll"  /out:Interop.SLXOptions.dll    /reference:Interop.StdVCL.dll
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin\TlbImp.exe" "C:\Program Files\SalesLogix\SalesLogix.exe"  /out:Interop.SalesLogix.dll    /reference:Interop.StdType.dll /reference:Interop.SLXOptions.dll
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin\TlbImp.exe" "C:\Program Files\SalesLogix\SLXControls.ocx" /out:Interop.SLXControls.dll   /reference:Interop.StdVCL.dll
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin\TlbImp.exe" "C:\Program Files\SalesLogix\SLXCharts.ocx"   /out:Interop.SLXCharts.dll
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin\TlbImp.exe" "C:\Program Files\SalesLogix\SLXDialogs.ocx"  /out:Interop.SLXDialogs.dll
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin\AxImp.exe"  "C:\Program Files\SalesLogix\SLXControls.ocx" /out:Interop.AxSLXControls.dll /rcw:Interop.SLXControls.dll
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin\AxImp.exe"  "C:\Program Files\SalesLogix\SLXCharts.ocx"   /out:Interop.AxSLXCharts.dll   /rcw:Interop.SLXCharts.dll
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin\AxImp.exe"  "C:\Program Files\SalesLogix\SLXDialogs.ocx"  /out:Interop.AxSLXDialogs.dll  /rcw:Interop.SLXDialogs.dll

Thanks

Mike

Copper Super Contributor

Turns out that it is as simple as including the SalesLogix.exe as a reference to the project in VStudio and it created the interop dll automatically when I built the project.
Thanks for the tip.
Paul Fisk
Highlighted
Employee

Yes, that will work. Keep in mind that if the other COM objects have interface changes that you will need to generate updated interops for them as well.

Thanks

Mike