Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener

Version 8 Memo Control error (bug?)

Upgrading from 7.21 to 8.00

Found the memo control events onEnterControl and onExitControl are not firing.

I have had a number of issues and wonder if it is my platform - developing  and testing on Windows7 64 bit machine SP1.  Architect version is 8.0.0.8636.  Client is 8.0.0.8689. 

To reproduce:  Add a quick manage form with memo control and text control.  Add onEnter and Exit events and place stop statements in each.  Add them to text control also.  Turn on debug, deploy and test form by clicking between controls.  Only the text controls work for me.

Other oddities:

•  Constants (I assume from Delphi) are not found in code
  •  Intellisense did not work until I changed to Compatibility mode for Architect launch.  Changed back and now is working.

Anybody have comments.  How/Who do I issue bug reports to?

Highlighted
Astute Commentator

Re: Version 8 Memo Control error (bug?)

We experienced the Memo control events bug back in May and have had to use Text box controls as a workaround in the meantime.

I believe it has a defect number now and is scheduled to be released in a future version of Saleslogix, though the version to expect it in is unknown.

Tuned Listener

Thanks for your reply.

I also developed a workaround by using a Rich Text Control instead.

Does Swiftpage ever look at the forum?  I would hope that they would have someone assigned to respond.  It would help.

I did try querying the portal, but had no luck.

Steve

Copper Super Contributor

We send this issue to Swiftpage recently.

Defect 13094122 has been raised for this issue.

Cheers
Chris Grant
Plus Consulting