Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Tab Read Only for Some Users

I have a a form in an opportunity tab. For some users it is read only. I cannot figure out why some users are read only and others are not. I have checked teams and security settings.

Any ideas?

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Re: Tab Read Only for Some Users

You state that you have checked "security" settings.  I am assuming you are talking Field Level Security settings.  Have you checked them for the record owner as well as the individual?  It is fairly easy to get tripped up with ownership and field level security.

Jim Pemberton
Vice President of Engineering
Simplesoft Solutions, Inc
Award Winning Infor CRM Business Partner
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I am sorry, but how do determine the record owner? Owner of the opportunity or the record of the new form?

It is odd. If the affected users are the first to open the form and create the record they can enter data. But if another users creates the record, then it will be read only for the affected user.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Sorry got it. Found the seccodeid in my table. Thanks, that got the problem. The owner was a team where the affected users did not have the correct field security for that team.

You are awesome!
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Not a problem, that is what the community is here for.  I had the luxury years ago to be on the other end as I was learning starting in the Saleslogix v3.1.x days.  We have all been through simialr things and are more than happy to help out where we can....

Jim Pemberton
Vice President of Engineering
Simplesoft Solutions, Inc
Award Winning Infor CRM Business Partner