Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Suggestions for modifying user deletion from SLX LAN

[ Edited ]

OOTB it looks like SLX prevents deletion of SLX user accounts if the user is a team owner, or if the user has objects where they are the owner.

We have a business need to include another rule - if the user is listed as the Account Manager on any opportunities, and they don't own the account the opp is assigned to (for example, if they are on a team owned account, and the user is listed as account manager for an opp from that account)

The specific problem is we are storing some data in the USER_PROFILE table that is still needed for reporting, where the account manager ID is the main data element used in reporting. In our example, we want to be able to report on data that uses some values stored in USER_PROFILE.

I have observed that upon deletion, the user ID in the accountmanagerid field is not updated, so you have opportunities that look like they have owners, and are accessible by others on the same team as the Account owner, but no other data. I pulled up an Opp that belonged to a deleted user and the account manager lookup control was just blank. In addition, the History table isn't written to if the account manager is changed.

Does anyone have any insight on what kicks off the deletion in SLX LAN and fires back the warning re: object ownership, and how we can tap into it to add this extra criteria? Is it a DB trigger? 

Thanks.

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Re: Suggestions for modifying user deletion from SLX LAN

It's all hard-coded in the Admin.. no 'triggers". Basically you are stuck w/the way it works.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Lets assume for a minute that we restricted LAN access to the Admin tool and instead funneled user management through the web product. My guess is we would have a LOT more flexibility. Is that a reasonable/feasible solution?
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

.. Yes, then it is possible for you to customize the Web based admin.

--

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Another observation I have is that Retiring users, while it requires you to still reassign objects, still keeps the user_profile record and does not consume a license.

Is there any reason you would want to delete a user, and NOT retire a user, aside from keeping your list of user accounts "current"?
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

.. foreign keys... if you delete a user you get "broken foreign keys" in your history table and your performane drops instantly.

Never delete a user.. just retire.

--