Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Security wrapper error: class not implemented

Hi, i followed the instructions shown HERE to create a custom security wrapper.. but i get and error.

When i do the "slxproviderplugin.exe -m SLXDemo.xml --udl new.udl" It allways says that COM CLASS VBSecurityBroker IS NOT IMPLEMENTED.. and dont get why...

On the XML file (wich is very poorly indicated on this document) i've written this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<slxplugin name="WRAPPER" file="ProjectName.dll" uid="SYST00000001">
<securityobject coclass="VBSecurityBroker" uid="SYST00000002" enabled="true" continueonfail="True"/>
</slxplugin>

That line of the XML : "<securityobject coclass="VBSecurityBroker" is the one that gives me the error... 

Anyone has passed trough this before?

I think all is related to the way the DLL is compiled... but i did make sure that its COM+ VISIBLE on the Assembly options....

Any idea?

Thanks and regards!!

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Security wrapper error: class not implemented

Are you compiling with x86 instead of Any CPU

Cheers
Chris Grant
Plus Consulting
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes: Target CPU = x86, Framework used = 3.5

Still getting the same error.... any more ideas or a working example around there?...

On the page i mentioned before is extrange that no "manifest" has been created.. i've tested it creting one myslef with same results..

Also i've tested it using ANY CPU... but the same... something is missing.. and i dont get what...

Regards

Copper Contributor

Finally passed that compilation step, now I run these two instructions:

SLXPluginBuilder.exe -n CustomSecurity.dll
SLXProviderPlugin.exe -m CustomSecurity.xml --udl UDLSecurity.udl

(having created and tested that the UDL is correct and checked the SAVE PASSWORD) and it says that everything is ok...successfully installed bundle

BUT, when I get into SLX (with other user than ADMIN, which over-passes security), I get an error saying "unhandled win32 exception occurred in Saleslogix.exe [35024]"

Now, I'm sure that something is wrong with the compilation options..

The only thing that seems with a little "thing" on it is on the code of the VBQuerySecurity.vb when I use this :

stmt.SQLFrom.SQLJoins

under this piece of code:

Function AddCustomSecurityTable(stmt As Object) As Boolean
Dim cond As String

For Each join As SQLJoin In stmt.SQLFrom.SQLJoins
If join.Name = "ACCOUNT" Then

which underscores it, saying: "late bound resolution, implicit conversion from 'Object' to 'System.Collections.IEnumerable', runtime errors could occur"

Could anyone, please, tell me what I'm doing wrong?... compilation options are ANY CPU, using FRAMEWORK 3.5... no clues at all about what's happening.. Smiley Sad

Thanks for the replies in advance...

Copper Contributor

GOT IT!! problem was the definition of STMT as OBJECT instead of :

Function AddCustomSecurityTable(ByVal stmt As SelectStmt) As Boolean

That solves all...