Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Search and Created by Mobile Customizations Advice needed

I need to make two customizations to mobile client (SLX 7.5.4 / mobile 1.2) and wondered if anyone had any experience with these customizations.

First, I need to modify the search parameters on the Accounts page from 'starts with' to 'contains' ... meaning that the word they put in the search box is not just the first word in the search, but is anywhere within the search.   i.e.   search for Oaktree currently only returns anything that begins with Oaktree---but we want it to also return The Oaktree, Silver Oaktree, The Big Bad Oaktree.

Secondly, in the 'notes activity' I want a created by field so that the person who is logged in and is creating the note is identified as the creator of that note in the database.

I'm new to SalesLogix and any tips would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Re: Search and Created by Mobile Customizations Advice needed

First of all. I highly recomend you NOT use version 1.2 but switch to using 20_for_754 with the 2.0 base.

Second.. it's fairly simple to make the changes you are talking about. For the Account change (in vers 1.x):

A - argos-saleslogix -> src -> views -> account -> list.js

B - change:

formatSearchQuery: function(query) {
                 return String.format('AccountNameUpper like "{0}%"', this.escapeSearchQuery(query.toUpperCase()));

}

to

formatSearchQuery: function(query) {
                 return String.format('AccountNameUpper like "%{0}%"', this.escapeSearchQuery(query.toUpperCase()));

}

Just one simple add of the "%" character ;-)

On "Activity"...  Like 99% of SalesLogix - both teh ACTIVITY and HISTORY entities/tables have a CREATEDBY field that is automatically set to the current logged in user who creates the record.. never changes unless someone "hacks" it. 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html

Thanks very much RJ! That was extremely helpful. I know how to code changes, but its finding where to go to do that is what is time consuming.

If I wanted to just display a read only field showing the User Name who created the note (all notes-- account, leads, opportunities), where would I find the file to do that? Or do I change it at the form level?

Gold Super Contributor

The same (and only) history detail.js is referenced by every entity (in related) so you only need to make the change in one place..

A - You are going to have to "expand"/add to the "queryselect for the appropriate resourceKind in the detail.js for history.

B - You will need to add to the  "createLayout" in detail.js for history to display the "UserINfo/UserName"

NOTE: Detail is read-only anyway and it's not editable unless you add it to the edit.js (for history).

Suggestion - To help you get started w/mobility you might take some the SageU on-line courses:

Master Series: SData, Sage SalesLogix Mobile

Also, I do one-on-one consulting/training on developing w/mobility for 1.x as well as 2.x (soon 3.x ;-). This covers setting up a dev environment, direct as well as "add-in custom modules", debug/test/build/deploy outside of AA (which is the BEST way to do it ;-) We take the argos-sample and go thru it piece by piece as well. - contact me directly if interested. There are a bunch of folks in the (BP) partner community I've helped/trained on mobility.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html