Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

SalesLogix v7.5.4 upgrade Catastrophic Failure on ShowViewForRecord.....

We are working through upgrade testing for one of our clients and just uploaded LAN customizations to them.  We have a Tools Manage form that allows them to perform some tasks on records they select from a datagrid.  Once they select the record, I am firing the following:

Application.Basicfunctions.ShowViewForRecord "CONTRACTHEADER", "System:MAL Contract Administration Details", strSelRec

where strSelRec is the ID for the record I want from the CONTRACTHEADER table.  On our internal development environment, everything works fine.  On their system, I am receiving

An error occurred executing active form script (System:MAL Manage Contracts).

Catastrophic failure at line XX, char X

I have made any adjustments that I can find from other places we are using the call, other built in forms I can find that use the call, and postings I have found on various sites, all to no avail.  Anyone have an idea for me to try?

Jim

Jim Pemberton
Vice President of Engineering
Simplesoft Solutions, Inc
Award Winning Infor CRM Business Partner
Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Re: SalesLogix v7.5.4 upgrade Catastrophic Failure on ShowViewForRecord.....

Jim, what does slxprofiler show at time of invoke? But, sounds like this isn't populated strSelRec.
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

That's the odd part.  SLXProfiler comes back clean.  It makes the call to the Plugin table and just stops.  There are no errors, or any sign of issues.

I also wondered about the value for strSelRec and it is populated.  I verified that as well.  I even went as far as to create variables for the table name and form name to use instead of the values for the parameters in case there was something weird about that on this form, but again, I received the same results.

Jim

Jim Pemberton
Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Hi Jim Are you sure that's all that happens at this line? Is the plugin released, duplicated or similar ? Try searching DB for a plugin of same name (perhaps picking up and old one/version. Also, make sure there isn't a legacy form of the same name ? Regards Mike
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Duplicate PluginID's? Something sounds corrupt because you're calling one view and receiving an error in another.....strSelRec is simply an ID value....it's the wrong form that's the issue?

RJ Samp
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

To close this out, I wanted to pass on the final resolution to the issue.  It turned out to be a combination of VB6 Common Controls and ASP.Net AJAX 1.0 Extensions not being installed on the servers in question.  After tracing down the issue from a machine that was working correctly and not throwing the error and comparing what was installed on each machine.  When I installed the VB6 Common controls, I got further and was able to tell what was erroring out.  Once I researched that error message, I came across the ASP.Net Ajax 1.0 Extensions and after installing those, completely eliminated the messages.

Hope this helps out someone else in the future if they run across the same messages.

The message I would up getting after futher testing was: "Error in IDispatch.Invoke(): 0x80020101"

Jim

Jim Pemberton