08-20-2012 02:23 PM
We are working through upgrade testing for one of our clients and just uploaded LAN customizations to them. We have a Tools Manage form that allows them to perform some tasks on records they select from a datagrid. Once they select the record, I am firing the following:
Application.Basicfunctions.ShowViewForRecord "CONTRACTHEADER", "System:MAL Contract Administration Details", strSelRec
where strSelRec is the ID for the record I want from the CONTRACTHEADER table. On our internal development environment, everything works fine. On their system, I am receiving
An error occurred executing active form script (System:MAL Manage Contracts).
Catastrophic failure at line XX, char X
I have made any adjustments that I can find from other places we are using the call, other built in forms I can find that use the call, and postings I have found on various sites, all to no avail. Anyone have an idea for me to try?
08-21-2012 05:52 AM
That's the odd part. SLXProfiler comes back clean. It makes the call to the Plugin table and just stops. There are no errors, or any sign of issues.
I also wondered about the value for strSelRec and it is populated. I verified that as well. I even went as far as to create variables for the table name and form name to use instead of the values for the parameters in case there was something weird about that on this form, but again, I received the same results.
08-21-2012 03:32 PM
08-23-2012 06:00 PM
Duplicate PluginID's? Something sounds corrupt because you're calling one view and receiving an error in another.....strSelRec is simply an ID value....it's the wrong form that's the issue?
10-29-2012 01:05 PM - edited 10-29-2012 01:08 PM
To close this out, I wanted to pass on the final resolution to the issue. It turned out to be a combination of VB6 Common Controls and ASP.Net AJAX 1.0 Extensions not being installed on the servers in question. After tracing down the issue from a machine that was working correctly and not throwing the error and comparing what was installed on each machine. When I installed the VB6 Common controls, I got further and was able to tell what was erroring out. Once I researched that error message, I came across the ASP.Net Ajax 1.0 Extensions and after installing those, completely eliminated the messages.
Hope this helps out someone else in the future if they run across the same messages.
The message I would up getting after futher testing was: "Error in IDispatch.Invoke(): 0x80020101"