Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

SalesLogix performance with large number of records

I'm wondering if people have any tips for maintaining good perfomance as the records counts in the database grow. We are currently using 7.2.1 LAN and have the following record counts:

- Account: 432,300

- Opportunity: 348,000

- History: 4,566,100

- Attachments: 237,111

We plan on growing these record counts by about 400% over the next 3 to 4 years. Our current performance is OK, but we are definitely startinging to see performance issues---especially around the History table.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: SalesLogix performance with large number of records

I would start with changing the History tabs in a way that per default only the last 12 months will be shown.

If a user wants more he/she should filter the grid in a time frame he/she prefers. Most of the time it's not necessary

to show all history. And I would add an index on the history.createdate.

Just an idea...

Hartog

Bronze Super Contributor

Have a look at this thread:

http://community.sagesaleslogix.com/t5/Developer-LAN-Mobile-Visual/Account-Summary-tab-very-slow/m-p...

Maybe RJ Samp can give you some more advice.

Regards

Regards
Rainer Raebiger
Silver Contributor

hmm growing databases......

1. Make sure the foreign keys (the ID fields) are indexed with a properly constructed for SLX Index.

2. Reindex the indexes nightly after whatever is growing these tables by the tens of thousands is finished....

3. when are those ultra fast 1Tb static 'hard drives 'coming out.....

RJ Samp