Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Silver Super Contributor

Re: SalesLogix 8.1 LAN Event Manager error IsBrandingEnabled

We have a client that users activities a lot (must admit, was cr#pping myself when I saw the issues with activities - as we were half-way through an upgrade at the time). But, since putting it in - zero issues. So, it's either that they're [your customer] doing something esoteric or we've just not stumbled on it yet. Either way, get firm STR and can go from there.
Silver Super Contributor

Yup, had this happen countless times on various sites. Was always fixed by that change.
Copper Contributor

Power management on their SERVER did allow the server to shut the NIC off (how is that even an option for a default on a server operating system?), hopefully that will resolve that issue, also checking the NICs on the user PCs. Great advice Mike, thanks.

Matt Dockins
www.ppsfirm.com
Silver Super Contributor

Whilst it is a daft option - I suspect the usage of the server keeps it alive (although overnight might cause issues). But, on the user side, hibernation, power saving etc. will all cause the link to drop.
Employee

Just to clarify, when IsBrandingEnabled is listed as the exception location it will always be a red herring. You may be able to follow the full stack trace after placing the SalesLogix.map file in the same folder as SalesLogix.exe. The map file should be included in the PDBs.zip file that is part of the installation content.

Thanks

Mike