Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Employee

Re: SalesLogix 8.1 LAN Event Manager error IsBrandingEnabled

This thread has been focused on the error occuring in 8.1. Is it occuring for you in 8.0?  If so, please provide as much detail as you are able about the environment and steps to replicate the error. 

Thanks,

JohnG

Gold Super Contributor

Agree - a fix is way overdue...

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Copper Contributor

This is still an issue centered on Activities in 8.1 SNC3, thought we were past this. When is this going to be resolved or some data test published that would allow us to clean up the offending data?  Why are these errors being masked with this "IsBrandingEnabled" message as well?

Matt Dockins
www.ppsfirm.com
Copper Contributor

Actually, this may not be the exact same issue, but it is occuring when the activities tab has focus, and popping up a message saying Exception EOLEException: Communication link failure Exception Location:{0059BA86}{Saleslogix.exe}IsBrandingEnabled.

Come on Saleslogix guys, if you would just quit masking these errors with the IsBrandingEnabled message we could probably help isolate the issue for you. I know I've certainly done it in the past.

Matt Dockins
www.ppsfirm.com
Silver Super Contributor

Ignoring the isBranding thing (which is a red herring) - the Communication Link failure is the key here. This means that the connection was lost to the db server. My suspicion (as it's occurred to me before) would be the network adapter going into hibernate/low power mode. Go to device manager, switch off the Power Saving feature for the NIC and it should resolve it.
Copper Contributor

Unfortunately its reproducible by the user trying to change the call reminder date. This is on 8.1 with SNC3 applied... So I doubt its the network adapter going in to sleep mode since its driven from a user action, but I'll check it out Mike, thanks.

Matt Dockins
www.ppsfirm.com
Silver Super Contributor

Yeah, she probably had a coffee in-between !! But, seriously, what are the steps to reproduce - as I can try it here. We've not had any reports of issues with SNC03b in the field (with isBranding/Activities etc) so quite surprised to see them.

Copper Contributor

Yeah, and to be clear, it is SNC03b, we just did the upgrade two weeks ago.

Matt Dockins
www.ppsfirm.com
Copper Contributor

Thanks Mike, I'm trying to get more info, the problem is this isn't the only IsBrandingEnabled error they get. Pretty frustrating.

Matt Dockins
www.ppsfirm.com
Gold Super Contributor

Good point about the NIC Mike!

This is a major issue w/laptops. .. and don't forget the servers!

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html