Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

SLX Web 7.5.1 -Activity.Complete

Hi,

We have major customizations done on the Activity levels. When I click complete, I get an error (Index was outside the bounds of the array) in the dyanmic method activity.complete. Is there any way for me to debug this method or see what is in it and how it works?

Thanks

~ Henry

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: SLX Web 7.5.1 -Activity.Complete

[ Edited ]

Henry,

I've seen this happen before when the field level security gets out of whack.  If so, it's an easy fix:

• Go into the Administrator application
  • Choose 'Manage -> Field Security Profiles' from the menu
  • Choose the 'Read/Write default' item and click edit.
  • Modify access to a field on one of the items (such as account), and click 'OK'
  • Click OK again
  • Repeat the above 4 steps to un-do your change. 

This should result in a rebuild of the field level security and possibly correct your issue.  After you've done this, re-log in and test (no need to redeploy).

Best of luck,

Message Edited by mlaspina on 07-28-2009 12:39 PM
Mike LaSpina
Professional Services Consultant

Sage
8800 N Gainey Center Dr Ste 200
Scottsdale AZ 85258
Tel: 480-383-5344
Cell: 480-321-6637
Fax: 480-556-4090
mike.laspina@sage.com

Your Business in Mind.
Gold Super Contributor

Good point Mike.

Most folks figure if they have all Accounts owned by "everyone" they ar bypassing FLS - nothing could be further from the truth. The provider does a security check on every call to the db (except when the user is "admin" ;-)

If the Security Profiles (blobs) are trashed, one will run into very strange issues. A typical example is:

New field added to a table. You "bind" the field to a control and the data does not save and/or sync. We have found this (in many cases) an issue w/the blob(s) is too short.

AFAIK the Sage SalesLogix support site KB has a kb article for manually repairing the blobs. 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html

Henry,

Did you get a resolution to your issue?  If not, please send a screenshot of the error and call stack.

John Perona

Director, Infor CRM Development

Infor CRM

Infor CRM

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi John,

Our issue was resolved.The Activity.Complete business rule called anothr business rule in its post-execution steps having to do with Ticket activities. We aren't using the tickets, so that was throwing the error. We removed that call and everything worked fine.

Thanks

~ Henry