Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Astute Commentator

(SLX Lan v8) Rich Text Control Set Focus and OnExit event

Hi All,

I am having some issues with Setting Focus into a Rich Text Control and then firing the OnExit event.

When Focus is set using RichTxtName.SetFocus() I can type into the control as if I had just clicked into it. However, when clicking away from the control the OnExit event does not fire.

To get the event to fire i have to first click in to the control and then click away, which is far from ideal.

Has anyone else experienced this and know of a way to get the OnExit event to fire in this situation.

Regards,

Lee

Gold Super Contributor

Re: (SLX Lan v8) Rich Text Control Set Focus and OnExit event

A - Have you installed Update 02 (SLXControls ocx update)?

B - What happens if you "tab" to another control?

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Astute Commentator

A - Yes, update 2 was required to fix some other issues I was experiencing so this has been installed.

B - When using the SetFocus to the rich text edit, if you then tab, the cursor will move to the next control in the tab order. Shift tab moves back into the rich text edit but the OnExit event still fails to fire when clicking away from the control.

Gold Super Contributor

So are you saying it fires on a "tab away".. but not on a mouse click to another control?

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Astute Commentator

No, it doesn't fire when tabbing away from the control either. The only time I have successfully managed to make it fire after using SetFocus is when I manually clicked into the control. After this, tabbing out or clicking away will fire the OnExit event.

Silver Contributor

Take the control out of any panels......even if it's 'floating' on top of a panel, don't put it IN the panel.....

RJ Samp