Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Astute Commentator

SLX Crystal Report Viewer no longer processing report conditions - SLX Version 8 Lan

[ Edited ]

I recently upgraded our SLX LAN installation from 7.5.3 to v8.  

The SLX Crystal Report Viewer is no longer accepting report conditions and will process the report for all tableIDs.  This is happening on multiple reports.  The reports worked just fine in 7.5.3.

Using a programmed export instead of the Crystal Viewer works fine (I can export the report to PDF in the code and the parameter is accepted.  

Partial Code to set up the crystal report:

Set objRDC = Application.BasicFunctions.GetCrystalReport ("Opportunity:Quote Report")

objRDC.RecordSelectionFormula = ""
           objRDC.RecordSelectionFormula = "table:QUOTEID} = '" & txtQuoteID.Text & "'"
            objRDC.DiscardSavedData

*****This code works just fine - I am able to export the PDF report to a temporary directory and then open it - no problem*****

If strButtonClicked = "AttachPDF" or strButtonClicked = "Preview" Then
     CreateFilePathAttachmentName

objRDC.ExportOptions.DestinationType = 1 'File
     objRDC.ExportOptions.DiskFileName = strReportFile
     objRDC.ExportOptions.FormatType = 31
     objRDC.Export False
End If

****** end of code that works*****

***** If I try to bring the report up in the SLX Crystal Viewer, I get ALL table.QuoteIDs  ***

If strButtonClicked = "Crystal" then
    'Bring up the Crystal Report viewer
    Dim objMainView, objDetail
    Set objMainView = Application.MainViews.Add("SYSTEMSmiley FrustratedLX Crystal Report Viewer", 2, False) 'DNL
    objMainView.Height = 600
    objMainView.Width = 800
    objMainView.Caption = Application.Translator.Localize("SalesLogix Crystal Report Viewer")

Set objDetail = objMainView.DetailsView
    objDetail.Script.Display objRDC
    objMainView.Show ' show report in non-modal dialog

*** end of Crystal Viewer code

Silver Super Contributor

Re: SLX Crystal Report Viewer no longer processing report conditions - SLX Version 8 Lan

Did you apply Update 00 - it fixes several issues with LAN v8 and Crystal - not sure it will fix this but worth a shot.
Highlighted
Astute Commentator

Re: SLX Crystal Report Viewer no longer processing report conditions - SLX Version 8 Lan

Thanks for the suggestion.  No, I haven't tried that update because it was specifically for 7.5.4 going to v8, I was going from 7.5.3 to v8.  I will try it in my test environment though, just for kicks...  thanks!

Sue