12-03-2012 02:39 PM - edited 12-03-2012 03:19 PM
I’m experiencing a very weird issue with a SalesLogix Crystal Report that I wrote. When a user tries to launch the report from the SalesLogix client, they are prompted for database credentials. The "server name" and "database name" fields are filled out, but "username" and "password" are blank.
None of our other reports are doing this. I have gone in several times to verify that the datasource is set to the same value as the other reports, but this problem persists. I am using the SalesLogix OLEDB provider with the same parameters that are set in the other reports….
I must have something misconfigured in Crystal, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out what that is. Any idea what might be causing this to happen? I’d appreciate any guidance. Thanks!
We are using SL LAN version 7.5.4 and the Crystal Reports version is 11.5
12-05-2012 07:00 AM
Your connection is pointing to the wrong datasource.....and you need to incorporate the Crystal Report INTO the database through the SLX Architect.....the actual datasource is modified at runtime by a call within the SLX Clients.....so I can create a Crystal Report on my system, bundle it out to you, and then your user's can run the same Crystal Report against your database at run time......
What I usually do is edit an existing report (check it out of the SLX Plugin Table from the SLX Architect (Manage Reports))....then when this is up and running in Crystal I do a Save As......go back to the Architect Check IN the nonedited report, and add a new report for the Save As report.......then check out the Save As report, edit in crystal, add tables and fields as needed.....
12-09-2012 07:27 AM
Final answer: Crystal ADO Connection builder doesn't build all of the attributes that a SalesLogix report requires (or builds for you)......we added Persist Security Info : True, and Extended properties: RWPASS=; and something about INCLUDECALCFIELDSON=True.....these were copied from a good saleslogix report......
Crystal no longer prompted for credentials.....and we didn't have to redo the report.