Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Gold Super Contributor

RE: Broken/Defective Controls in Version 8.0 Windows Release

There have been several posts to the community since the v8.0 release about defects introduced in the Windows Client (ActiveX) controls. These range from visual/cosmetic (broken 3d property in several) to hard problems ( LAN Number formatting and numeric keypad Tmemo problems - it zaps/destroys existing data..).

It's now 2 months since the problems surfaced and the only fix available is a partial  one that is on the partner download site (not the (Support) Portal).

Any possibility we will see an official "Hot Fix" released to take care of all of this soon? It's causing us to delay customer upgrades to 8.0. When asked (by customers) as to when the "fix" will be available the only answer I can give them is "I have no idea"..  

NOTE: If all that is needed is to have a couple of us do a "shake-down" of the fix - Just call/email and I'd be more than glad to do it (so would others that I know as well). We did this same thing (very successfully and very quickly) back when version 6.x came out w/the first set of ActiveX WIndows/LAN controls. More than willing to do so now.

??? 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Nickel Contributor

Re: RE: Broken/Defective Controls in Version 8.0 Windows Release

We are in the same boat.  We have 2 upgrades that the customers wanted by the end of the month, which I have had to push off due to not having a complete resolution to the controls issues. 

Any official word would be welcomed as I have had to do the same thing RJ did and tell them "I have no idea when we are getting anything official....."

Jim Pemberton
Vice President of Engineering
Simplesoft Solutions, Inc
Award Winning Infor CRM Business Partner

I'd make sure you the issues are in support and request the Hotfix so it gets the appropriate escalation. The Sales Client Update is 02.

John Perona

Director, Infor CRM Development

Infor CRM

Infor CRM

Gold Super Contributor

John,

AFAIK several individuals/partners had reported the problems to support. The only "fix" (which is a partial one" is the ocx that was posted to the partner ftp site.. and it's been there for a while.

Customers are pushing us for upgrades but we really need an official "fix". Unfortunately there's not been a single one (Window or web) posted to support for downloading in the PIS since 8.0 was released.

--

Nickel Contributor

John,

Where do I obtain the updates at?  I don't see them on the Partner's site.  I have called in about the issues and been told they are defects, but have not received anything "official" that we have any updates available.

I just looked at the Partner site and can only find Updates for v7.5.  Do I need to look elsewhere?  I am looking where the updates have been in the past, under:

Browse > For Customers > Sage SalesLogix > Subscriber D... > Product Updates > Current Updates

Name Sort descending by Name
New Sage SalesLogix Mobile
Sage DynaLink
Sage SalesLogix E-Marketing
Sage SalesLogix ERP Link
Sage SalesLogix Mobile 5.x
Sage SalesLogix v7.5
Sage SalesLogix Visual Analyzer
Jim Pemberton
Vice President of Engineering
Simplesoft Solutions, Inc
Award Winning Infor CRM Business Partner
Gold Super Contributor

Jim,

They just are not there because there has not been any 8.0 updates posted since the 8.0 release in December (2012).

--

Copper Elite Contributor

Theres Updates 0 and 1 on the FTP server .......and 0 looks like a full install not hotfix ......neither update is to do with the slx controls problem though

Silver Super Contributor

Note sure where/which FTP server you are looking at: ftp://ftp.saleslogix.com/slx62/SalesLogix 8.0 GOLD/UPDATES
Copper Elite Contributor

ftp.saleslogix.com

login as slx62

/slx62/SalesLogix 8.0 Updates

Gold Super Contributor

Yes.. I see that one.. It has a posted date of Feb 21, 2013 (last Thursday).

Unfortunately - none of these deal with the SLXcontrols ocx problem. 

--