Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Contributor

Re: RE: Broken/Defective Controls in Version 8.0 Windows Release

SO.... Reading through the posts, and hearing the deafening silence on anything "official", am I to assume that the FTP site is the new way of obtaining updates for the current product?  As long as I know where to look, I am fine with it.....

Jim

Jim Pemberton
Vice President of Engineering
Simplesoft Solutions, Inc
Award Winning Infor CRM Business Partner
Silver Contributor

Waiting 'patiently'......errggghSmiley Mad

RJ Samp
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Um... suggest you check the support site. It's been there since early this week.

Enjoy

Cheers
Chris Grant
Plus Consulting
Silver Super Contributor

Sorry Chris, what is where ? (apols. lots of info and lots of places. I only see Update 05 for Win2012 support).
Gold Super Contributor

Mike S is 100% correct - this is NOT the SlxContols (Windows/LAN) we all have been waiting for for months... and it's causing real business issues for me (and others) because we have customers who want to upgrade to 8.0 now and there's no way I can do it :-(

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Gold Super Contributor

Quick update....  Possible we will see an update fairly soon (a week?) per folks at SalesLogix.

--

Tuned Listener

On a V8 Test server at a customer site, all the french accents on detail screens and pick lists were screwed up (either replacer by a different character, or by null).

The customer copied the SLXControls.ocx from V7.54 in the SalesLogix V8 folder (on server and remotes) and everything was back to normal. Even the TMemo field problem with the numeric keypad is solved....

What functionality do we lose in V8 by using the older SLXControls.ocx ? Has anyone else tested this ?

Gold Super Contributor

in a "word": UniCode

The V8.0 SlaesLogix Windows Client is NOW Unicode Compliant (like the Web client).

The 7.5.4 ocx is NOT.

You may run into other issues and mixing the ocx versions (especially going backwards like you did) is a non-supported situation.. so all  liability is in your lap when things go wrong at teh customer site. Nothing I'd ever take on.. ;-)

Suggest you push (thru the support channel) the issues you found w/the controls to make sure they have been fixed in the release that (is supposed to be) this week.

--

Silver Contributor

Now that sounds like an exciting fix!!! (hang on for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and the testing on Windows XP, 7, 8, 32 bit, 64 bit, etc.) I remember developing in 7.22 with one set of OCX controls and launching the LAN Client who had any version of SLX Controls that might not be the same as the development version.....OUCH!!!

RJ Samp
Nickel Contributor

Well, it looks like the fix is here!  I have some testing to do this weekend for our upgrades that are going to be happening this coming week.  If anyone has a chance to test, please let me know your results.

Thanks!

Jim

Jim Pemberton
Vice President of Engineering
Simplesoft Solutions, Inc
Award Winning Infor CRM Business Partner