Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Elite Contributor

Provision to Hide in Insert View and and Show in Edit View in SLXMobile3.0.3

Hi All,

Is there a provision to hide certain fields in Insert View and SHow in Deail view for editing in SLXMobile 3.0.3

Thanks

Malay

Employee

Re: Provision to Hide in Insert View and and Show in Edit View in SLXMobile3.0.3

All fields inherity from _Field (https://github.com/Saleslogix/argos-sdk/blob/3.0.x/src/Fields/_Field.js). There is a "hidden" flag you can set in the field layout to hide it. You can also call hide() or show() directly on the field. 

Keep in mind if you hide a field, the value of that field will NOT be sent as part of the SData payload when you save the form. If you want to keep the field hidden, but use the value when the user clicks save, you need to also set the "alwaysUseValue" flag to true. You can also set "include" or "exclude" on a field to include/exclude its value.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Provision to Hide in Insert View and and Show in Edit View in SLXMobile3.0.3

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I got your point. But, since I am not too much expert in this version of SLXMobile, will you please let me know, which function should i override to Hide/Disable some controls in Insert screen and enable/Visible in edit screen.

Thanks in advance

Malay 

Nickel Elite Contributor

Any reply or suggestions please.

Thanks in advance
Malay