Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Pop-under is locking up SLX

When my users insert a new ticket in SalesLogix 8, the form comes up fine, but any pop-ups (lookups, picklists, things like that) are popping UNDER the Insert New Ticket window. The pop-up is active, you just can't see it. 

This is happening on more than one computer, and other Insert forms (Opportunity, Insert New Contact, etc) seem to be working fine. I'm not sure what caused this, and the techs at my reseller are pretty stumped.

Anyone seen this or know where I can start to fix? I've got decet experience with Architect, but I'm stil learning vbscript and all that. Any help appreciated, and thanks in advance!

Re: Pop-under is locking up SLX

Just to illustrate the issue I'm having... seen here is the resized Form window, showing the picklist has popped up under the main windows. Other picklists in other forms pop up on top, as they should. I don't believe this is a Windows issue as my vendor told me, because I tried it from other comptuers with varying versions  of Windows, and this was working fine until my users made me aware of it about two weeks ago.

Silver Super Contributor

Is it possible your users (I know all is pretty rare, but standard builds etc.) all have dual video cards perhaps (or docking stations etc)? On one of the machines showing the issue - can you report back with the version of slxcontrols.ocx - thanks.

Alot of them do have dual vid cards, but this also happens when you remotely access a machine, and it's not happening on the other forms on the same computers, which is why I'm wondering if something is messed up in the script somewhere for the New Ticket Form. 

The slxcontrols.ocx version is 8.0.0.8479 

Thank you!

Silver Super Contributor

[ Edited ]
That's the original version with no SNC/Hot-Fixes. I suggest you update to SNC14 on one machine and re-test as it may already be fixed (it'll be .8636 when updated).

After the upgrade I applied patches up to .8636. That's the version number that comes up when I pull up SalesLogix applications.

If the problem is the mismatch in version between the slxcontrols file and the program version, then I can start looking into fixing that. Any lead is better than zero. 

Silver Super Contributor

I'm afraid it can't be - Saleslogix.exe is .8734 to SNC13 (although .8636 with SNC09) and slxcontrols is also .8636 which comes in from SNC09. Check here for full versions/releases. http://www.empath-e.com/support/SLXVersions.txt So, I'd re-apply 09 and make sure it changes.

I was just Googling for a version map, thank you! I'll check it out. 

If anyone else has suggestions, please feel free to let me know. 

BOOM, there's my light-bulb moment. 

I'd been playing with installing the Web tools and I think that overwrote some stuff, so I need to make sure all my patches are applied again. 

Thank again for helping me on that!

Nickel Contributor

I've been following this as we have seen the same thing, with the same resolution.  However I am a bit confused as I have not seen SNC16 released?  I have only been able to find up through SNC14?  Is there a special way to get this?

Jim Pemberton
Vice President of Engineering
Simplesoft Solutions, Inc
Award Winning Infor CRM Business Partner