Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener

Multiple Event Handling Issue

Hi,

I have a DataGrid like below. The DataGrid on the left side, I have two events, one is when a row is selected, it will populate some details of that row in the right DataGrid. The other even is when the Junket Operator Column Hyperlink is clicked, then it will show some other details.

Currently the DataGrid only performs the first event and the second event is eaten. Just want to ask how to make the JunketOperator hyperlink working?

Also in SalesLogix, for DataGrid, is there any function I can get the current selected field? I know there is a function to get current selected row, but I need more to get the selected data cell. Can anyone give me any help?

Thanks a lot!

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Multiple Event Handling Issue

You can use DataGridName.GetSelectedField(“youfield”). For the datagrid events – double click the OnHyperLinkStart and then put your stuff in there.

Tuned Listener

Thanks a lot.

I have added code to OnHyperLinkStar. The problem here is the event is eaten, it is never called. Because any click to the hyperlink is considered as the selection of the row and trigger the OnRowSelect event only.

Tuned Listener

Also there is no GetSelectedField function. What I want is I need to check when the datagrid is selected, I need to know whether the selection is on Junket Operator Column. Something like datagrid.selectedColumnName == "Junket Operatoer"...

Silver Super Contributor

Are you sure (a) that you have selected the Columns propert, selected the column and change the column type to Hyperllink. Also, if so, can you check the property for the hyperlink is set to Single Click.

Tuned Listener

100% sure

Silver Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

colData = dgYourGridName.GetCurrentField("yourcolname")

Tuned Listener

That's not what I want.

I don't know the column name selected before hand, so I want to check what column has been selected. Your suggestion is to get the selected column data,  but I don't know "yourcolname" in my case. 

I need something like datagrid.getSelectedColumnName() or datagrid.getSelectedColumnIndex ....

Silver Contributor

1. you can't have RowSelect checked on for the grid and expect individual cell actions to fire off (like a hyperlink).

2. There is an onedited and an onediting event for the cells. You can detect the field name in the onediting event.

The onedited event has already fired off your grid edit BTW.....it's one of those 'things' about SLX.

RJ Samp