Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Multi-Select picklist in SLX Mobile

As much as I hate to ask this - I don't like using the multi-select picklists - but does anyone know if multi-select picklists are possible in slx mobile? I have received no response through requests with my developer subscription, and can't think of any out of the box multi-select picklist in the mobile client I could reference. 

If they are possible, what is the property? multiselect: true doesn't appear to work for me... the following code doesn't throw an error, but the picklist is not multiselect by any means

this.registerCustomization('edit', 'opportunity_edit', {
            at: function(row) { return row.name == 'Status'; },
            type: 'insert',
            where: 'after',
            value: {
                name: 'XXServices',
                label: this.oppServices + this.req,
                type: 'picklist',
                picklist: 'Services',
                multiselect: true,
                maxTextLength: 64,
                validator: [Mobile.SalesLogix.Validator.exceedsMaxTextLength,
                            Mobile.SalesLogix.Validator.exists]
            }
        });

Matt Dockins
www.ppsfirm.com
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor

Re: Multi-Select picklist in SLX Mobile

Sorry to say that multi-select picklist did not make the v1.2 release. There is basic (for text picklist type only, more on this below) implementation in the current master (dojo) branch on github and the property to enable it is:

multi: true

The main issue is handling all the different picklist types and what should be stored (to be sent to SData) and what to display. The implementation on github is only for picklist type "text" and stores/displays a comma delimited string - for fields like Title or Food Preference where any custom string is acceptable.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the response.

So for me to utilize this I would need to re-implement all of my customizations on the slx mobile environment on the master branch?  Is that a stable enough release for deployment to a 7.5.4 web update 3 environment?

If all I've done is field label changes and validator changes, would I have to redo those for the new environment - these were originally done in the 1.1 build...

Matt Dockins
www.ppsfirm.com
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor

I don't suggest using the current master branch for production - while it is semi-stable it has not been through QA yet, meaning it could (and probably will) change at any moment.

If it is a must-have requirement though you could look at the changes that were done, most of the logic lies in:

SDK:

LookupField - for sending back multiple values as a single string

List - for clearing/setting selected values (in the actual picklist) during transitions

SalesLogix:

Picklist View - for detecting multi:true and setting all the flags to enable it

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thanks for your help - it is greatly appreciated.

Matt Dockins
www.ppsfirm.com