Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
mar

Mail Merge Field - Table Formatting

LAN 7.5.4

We have a custom Mail Merge Form with a table field SQL Query. SLX functionality allows me to set "Table Format" and it offers several different selection from a dropdown. Where do those selections come from and how do I see what they do or look like?

But mainly, I"m trying to make it so that the merge table has a header row with a specific color of my choice. Is that possible to set the header row color?

Thanks,

Ademar.

Employee

Re: Mail Merge Field - Table Formatting

The table formats are based on the built in Microsoft Word formats from Word 2003 if I recall correctly. You can view these formats in newer versions of Word by inserting a table in Word and selecting the "Modify Table Style" option; the "Style based on" drop down list is where you should find the styles listed.

Thanks

Mike

mar

I see. I'm able to create my own style but it doesn't allow me to select it from the dropdown in the SLX table properties list. How can I go about setting a different header color?

Employee

The only way to use your own color is to create a Custom mail merge field and to use the Word API to create and manipulate the table. You would add your code to the VBScript System:Mail Merge OnCustomFieldName. There is an example of a Custom mail merge field that creates a table in this script. See the handler for CustomFieldName_Example_A.

Thanks

Mike

mar

Ok understood. Thank you.

Ademar.