09-17-2010 02:56 PM
Local Intellisync on remote (Windows 7 64 bit) has been working flawlessly...... and now upgraded remote to 7.5.3 and getting failure as soon as logging into Windows:
ServerHost has stopped working
version is 184.108.40.20633 (SP3 released version)
Looked thru the kb and only saw an issue related to this for 7.5.1 and there was a hot fix for it.... now it's not working again.
No matter what I do I cannot get it to run or stay running.
Anyone else seen this?
09-23-2010 05:34 AM
Just discovered what the problem is.. It's about security.
It seems that the SP upgrade (which I ran as administrator on my Windows 7 64 bit system) did NOT grant ServerHost.exe the right to run as an Administrator - so it fails when you log into windows. By manually hacking permissions, it's now ok.
04-12-2011 12:50 PM
RJ -- Can you give details on what you changed? I just ran into the same issue when installing v7.5.3 LAN remote client on Windows 7 32 bit. The error occurred whether Intellisync was installed or not.
04-12-2011 01:02 PM
04-12-2011 01:43 PM
Interesting. I did that and rebooted. The error went away. I then bumped the security back up to where it was, rebooted, and the error still didn't show up.
Thanks for the info.
04-12-2011 01:57 PM
I just leave it at the lowest level.. UAC is a bit "obnoxious". A Little too much over-kill on the part of microsquish...
04-13-2011 04:13 AM
I think the lowest level is where we are setting all our Windows 7 machines. I was just curious at what level it would cause an error again, so I went up one notch, then another, and it still worked just fine. Jut thought it was interesting.
04-13-2011 05:11 AM
I found that synch (my own WIndows7 64 bit is a SalesLogix v753+ remote) would occasionally give me issues if it was moved up.