Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Loyal Listener

LAN Number formatting in Version 8.0

I have run into an issue where number formatting in text fields apparently have changed in the released version of 8.0.  I don't remember seeing seeing this in RC's.  As an example I have a column formatted as %.3n and the value should be 1.03333 but it is now displaying as 1.

I have the format type as ftFixed.  

Am I missing something and does anyone else see the same thing....

Ray

Ray A. Walther
TimeLinx Software, LLC

281-257-0950 (Direct)
Ray.Walther (Skype)
Gold Super Contributor

Re: LAN Number formatting in Version 8.0

[ Edited ]

Humm.. sounds like this may be related to the changes made for Unicode in the Windows/LAN client.

Have you also noticed the "3d" property also appears to be "broken" on all the "new" controls as well?  - Will Start a new thread on this as well.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Silver Super Contributor

Just tested it - you are correct, displays as whole numbers only. Neither %.3n or %.3f work (and, suspect others too).
Silver Super Contributor

Just noticed this on Opportunity Detail. The FormatType is set to Integer, but the FormatString is blank (basically, prevented alpha chars in the input). However, the result is that the data does not display and anything you change appears to be "lost" (but, it is being saved, you just can't see it). The workaround is to remove this FormatType - but that leaves you open to dodgy characters and subsequent errors (unless you use OnKey to prevent those).
Silver Super Contributor

Just to let you know, Sage have a fix in the pipeline for this (slxcontrols.ocx v 8.0.0.8492). Sorts it all out nicely !
Employee

[ Edited ]

Mike,

Thank you for your help on this one.  The fix is available via the SalesLogix Partner FTP site under SalesLogix 8.0 GOLD\UPDATES for business partner only access.  Just download the SLXControls.zip.  If you are not a SalesLogix Business Partner or do not have access to the site, please contact your partner or SalesLogix Support.  Please note that this fix will be included in an update fix for SalesLogix v8.0.0 LAN and once that update is ready for release to market that it will be posted in the usual location for updates.

Instructions for applying:

1.            Close the SalesLogix Client on the machine where the update is being applied

2.            Copy the SLXControls.ocx from ..\Program Files\SalesLogix to a temp directory

3.            Paste in the hot fix version of SLXControls.ocx to ..\Program Files\SalesLogix

4.           You should not have to register the control but just in case, here is how to do that...

Register SLXControls.ocx with REGSVR32 from Windows CMD Command Line or the run command

32 bit example: regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\SalesLogix\SLXCONTROLS.OCX"

64 bit example:  regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\SalesLogix\SLXCONTROLS.OCX"

Garrett Hyde | Technical Support Analyst, Senior
Infor CRM
office: 800 944 5709 | Garrett.Hyde@Infor.com | www.infor.com

Infor + Saleslogix Global Conference | Nov 2 - 5, 2014 | Scottsdale | saleslogix.com/conference
Gold Super Contributor

Note: You need to apply this to any/all systems that have any Windows/LAN clients and/or (Wndows/LAN) Architect. 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html

Can you look into the issue of the #1 key on the 10-key clearing out all the contents of the memo box?  I have applied your SLXControls.OCX patch and it does not fix this problem.  This is on SalesLogix v8.0 LAN.  No matter how much you type, if you click the 1 key on the 10 key pad it replaces the entire contents of hte membox with the number 1.

Silver Super Contributor

Yep, can confirm this is the case....
Silver Super Contributor

I've checked - the official release of that is slated to fix this (you're running pre-release right now). Defect: 12091128: Entering 1 from the number pad in some instances removes typed data in text boxes