Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

LAN 7.2.2 Insert Opportunity centric Notes, Activities. AccountName [error]

Add an Activity or Note to an Opportunity.

No Opportunity Contacts present, the ContactID\Name are blank\Null. the AccountID and AccountName are based on the Current Opportunity's.AccountID

Opportunity Contacts are present, the lowest valued OppContactID Field value's record is retrieved [you knew that right? not based on IsPrimary, first CreateDate, etc.],

and the OC.ContactID linked to Contact's Contact.AccountID and Contact.Account are used to populate .AccountID and .AccountName for the Activity\History records.

this is the same as the OppContact Grid.

The [error] is that the Contact.Account may not necessarily be correct....it 'should' be, but may not be.

This is FAD, but still not necessarily 'correct'.

RJ Samp
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: LAN 7.2.2 Insert Opportunity centric Notes, Activities. AccountName [error]

Interesting, I logged in as a User....and SLX definitely picks the Is Primary = 'T' Opp Contact record for the default ContactID for a new Note\Activity\Attachment.....wondering out loud if its because I'm on a different DB platform (2008 R2 vs 2005 SP2) or Admin vs user login.....wierd test results.

RJ Samp
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: LAN 7.2.2 Insert Opportunity centric Notes, Activities. AccountName [error]

On a related note,  we have an issue (bug) on 7.2.2 LAN which is just plain silly.   Go to an account..... for us IBM is a good one because we ahve 40 accounts NAMED "IBM". Insert an Opty, and select an OC using the Add button in the Insert Opty dialog. Here is the SQL that is being sent to the database to retreive the contacts to populate the pick list...

---------- Client SQL ---------

SELECT ACCOUNTID FROM ACCOUNT WHERE ACCOUNT = 'IBM'

Seriously???!!!  Did I mention we have 40 accounts called IBM?  As often as not, the contacts returned are from a different IBM account!  We have to select the wrong contact, save the record, then go back and remove the wrong contact and pick a new one from the correct account.   Who thought that was a good idea??