Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Import assets for multiple accounts

Hi,

At present, Saleslogix only allows the user to import account assets on a per-account basis (not good if you have assets for hundreds of accounts that need importing!). Is there a best way to import assets for multiple accounts as a batch process?

All asset data has been exported from an external system in CSV format,

I am new to saleslogix, so any existing SQL scripts or module advice would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Import assets for multiple accounts

If you need to be Sync Aware you can either write a vb script in SLX or use Scribe, InaPort, Task Centre, et al to import data....basically you'll need someway to lookup the ACCOUNT and ACCOUNTID to relate the Asset to the correct Company....and ProductId to tie to a Product table entry if applicable.

You can import from SQL, Excel, CSV, etc. make up your own 12 character unique AccountAssetID value for each row

RJ Samp
Highlighted

Great - so if I use SQL, the key fields to lookup are Account and AccountID, the rest (including AccountAssetID) can be set manually?

Many Thanks

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Account Table, not Account.Account....I figure you have some kind of match key in the import file: Account Number, the Actual AccountID itself.....

If you don't go through the SLX OLE DB Provider then you'll have to create your own unique ID fields (I've used EXCEL for this for years....POSTALCODE Table POSTALCODEID Field I've used 'ZIPUSA' & '5 digit zip' & a unique per city in the zip letter as an example). Don't forget to populate CreateDate = GetDate() , CreateUser = 'ADMIN', and modifydate\user.

Store one AccountAsset record manually through the interface, and then have your import script fill in the same field values appropriately through a thorough examination in SQL of the inserted record.

RJ Samp