Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Hooking into Save event for a custom Edit view

[ Edited ]

Can anyone recommend a tutorial or code sample location to demonstrate tapping into the Save event for a View in SlxMobile 2.0 for 7.5.4?

I have a view that, when saving a change to a property on Opportunity, needs to communicate with a web service. I can put together the web service post code already, but I am not sure how to wire it up so that it is called when the user clicks Save in the toolbar.

Employee

Re: Hooking into Save event for a custom Edit view

[ Edited ]

In your edit view, you can override the base SDK Edit's save:

save: function() {

this.inherited(arguments);

// Your webservice code here

}

EDIT:

If you need to ensure the data has updated/inserted correctly, you can instead override onInsertSuccess or onUpdateSuccess instead.

Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks. Is this the right place to extend the Account save code, for example?

In our web implementation we have combined the Insert Account/Contact pages so that a primary Contact is created when an account is made. In Mobile this doesnt happen. I wanted to extend the Account save function to create the dependent record.

I think we can use OnInsertSuccess, but wondring if there's a better place/way to do this. Thanks.

Employee

The SDK's edit view publishes a global pub/sub event when an insert or update occurs:

https://github.com/Saleslogix/argos-sdk/blob/develop/src/Edit.js#L1075

You can subscribe to this event in your case.