Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor

Getting Group Query and Params via GetGroupSQLInfoEX

We had a customization that reads the GroupSQL via the GetGroupInfoSQL method - and it doesnt work properly with 8.1. I understand it has been deprecated and replaced by GetGroupInfoSQLEX.

Is there any information about the parameter collection that this method returns?

Right now i can see that it returns a collention that returns a parameter collection that i can retrieve as params(i).value. However it doesnt seem to have a name property that helps me tie it back to the params in the query itself.

So for example, the WHERE clause in the query indicates:

(ACCOUNT.C_MANAGEMENT_COMP=:ValueParam0) AND (ACCOUNT.CREATEDATE>Smiley Very HappyateTime0)

The parameter collection however comes back in the following order and doesnt line up with the WHERE clause;

(0) 1/1/2000

(1) Acme International

As you see there isnt a way to tie the parameter tags and their values together. I was hoping that each parameter would have a name that would reflect the actual name used in the Query, but it doesnt seem to have a .name property that i can use.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Employee

Re: Getting Group Query and Params via GetGroupSQLInfoEX

Hi,

The parameters have the following properties; note that some of them are specifically designed to be used by reporting:

CrystalName (The Crystal parameter name)
DataType (ADO data type)
DelphiName (The standard parameter name)
FieldName (The DB field)
FormulaForm (Crystal formula form for the parameter)
Kind (pkParameterField = 0 (standard parameter); pkCommandTable = 1 (treated as a Crystal CommandTable))
Operator (' = ', ' <= ', etc.)
Size (The size of the field)
TableName (The DB table name)
TypeCode (The .NET TypeCode for the Value)
Value (The parameter value)

You can use Application.BasicFunctions.GetRecordset(SQL, Parameters) to return a recordset for the group.

Thanks

Mike

Copper Contributor

Thanks so much. You made my day!

Employee

Glad to help!

Thanks

Mike